Intro to LED High Bay Lighting: Best Applications
With heavy industrialization, the energy consumption also has increased considerably. Today the industrial sector in the US consumes about 30% of energy generated, and there is a need to cut down on this consumption, by looking for alternatives, as the need for energy in other sectors is on the rise.
The industrial sector has a distinct lighting requirement from that of general commercial establishments or domestic requirements. Mostly, they need lighting fixtures that can offer brightness from 20 feet or more from above the ground; this requires more energy for the industrial lighting purposes. With the regular lighting fixtures on an average about 40% of the energy is consumed in an industry, and a refrigerated warehouse consumes about 15%.
Well, to reduce this heavy consumption of electricity by industries LED lighting fixtures have come into existence. These LED lighting helps reduce the energy consumption of these industries significantly, which could go up to 90% reduction in the energy consumption. LED high bay lights come with high intensity discharge fluorescent lights and offer better light than the traditional lighting fixtures. There are many advantages of LED high Bay lighting fixtures apart from saving electricity bills up to 80% consuming lesser amount of electricity, these lights lasts longer, do not heat up, as traditional lighting fixtures do, hence reduce the cost of air conditioning, etc. LED high bay lights glow immediately as against the flickering we see in traditional tube lights, also they throw light to a wide expanse not limiting the light to a narrow area, and it offers uniform brightness over the area it covers. Finally, LED high bay lighting fixtures are the most environment friendly fixtures available.
With so many advantages to their credit, no wonder LED high bay lights and wall pack light fixtures have become the most favored lighting fixtures for a variety of commercial, industrial, and even domestic purposes. Some of the applications of LED high bay lighting offering unmatched brightness in the modern commercial and industrial environments are:
• Aerodromes: Aerodromes need lots of electricity for various functions, maintenance and cleaning of the flights, airplanes is one such important function that requires well lit conditions. High bay LEDs are the best option available for such environments. They offer maximum brightness from the top, as well as safety at ground level.
• Huge Industrial Plants: Industrial plants require many of their functions performed in open areas around the clock; using traditional lighting fixtures for lighting requirements’ consumes lot of energy resulting in higher electricity bills. High bay LED is the perfect fit for such venues, as these lights offer brightness in a balanced way across a wider region.
• Cold Storage Areas: Cold storage, lighting requirements are very tricky, as these places require ample lighting for the staff to function efficiently by, at the same time lighting should not heat up the environment. Traditional lighting fixtures, heat up the environments quickly and immensely this causes heavy energy consumption in order to keep the temperature under control. LED high bay lighting is the best fit, as they offer maximum brightness without actually heating up the surroundings.
• Large warehouses and distribution centers: Proper illumination is required to maintain the stocks safely in large warehouses and distribution centers. LEDs are intelligent lighting systems, they can with the help of sensors automatically dim or completely turn off when there is no movement of people or employees in certain areas or aisles, thus reducing energy consumption.
• Retail and commercial organizations: In the modern days, many retail outlets have huge set-up structures with many floors, levels selling all kinds of materials; they stock these goods in huge buildings with high roofs. High bay LEDs offer maximum advantage to such retail outlets by offering uniform brightness over a vast area with minimal energy consumption.
LED high bay light fixtures (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_fixture) are the most favored lighting fixtures for many modern industrial and commercial enterprises, you can also see these fixtures illuminating the environment at places such as your neighboring gyms, stadiums, etc.